Friday, August 5, 2011

August 5,2011

When I first became a nurse in 1986 I knew what I had to do and would put in my eight hours and go home-period-I had time to get to know my patients and to do all I had to do in my eight hours and I was over a Med-Surg unit!Now there is fine print and sub-titles to everthing you do. It is all about the almighty dollar and we are sheep and the ones above us are sheep and on and on. We have too many patients with acute illnesses,we deal with management,other departments,backstabbers,
family members,Doctors,Lab,x-ray,Hospice etc, and the never ending paper work. We can't ask a patient how they are because we don't have time for the answer. We just say here are your meds or good morning and then we have to move on down the line. We have to deal with the drug seekers and the complainers and the bitching family members. Now,because of the high unemployment rate,we have to take what is dished out but I hope I live long enough to see a major revolt in Healthcare because boomers are retiring and young people are going into Computer Tech jobs or Business .

No comments: