Saturday, January 3, 2009

RESPECT FOR ALL HEALTHCARE WORKERS

I posted an article today about how CNAS hate being called aides. (See article below)
Certified Nursing Assistants work hard for residents. No nursing facility could make it without them. I have a great group of CNAS at the facility that I work in and they are the main reason I make it through the shift. There are some bad CNAS just like there are some bad Nurses everywhere but when you have good ones and see how much lugging and tugging,feeding,cleaning etc they do in one shift it is amazing! Respect is past due for CNAS.I call them by their name and I try to always be respectful although at times in a stressful situation I may come across a little bossy.I started out as a tech and still remember how I hurt at the end of my shift.( no CNA titles that long ago LOL) I try to advocate for all healthcare workers and will continue to do any way I can.

No comments: